Senior Cycle Mechanic
Cyclewise is expanding and we want you to be part of the journey. We are now looking to recruit an experienced mechanic, to work in a busy workshop and mountain bike rental operation. This senior cycle mechanic role is an essential part of the success of our business, and you will need to be equally passionate about bikes and providing good customer care. This is a varied role, ideal for an enthusiastic individual who works well in a team and enjoys the demands of a busy company.Good bike technical knowledge and up to date with current bike technology is required for the position.
Cyclewise is an independent rider-owner business with two busy cycle stores in Cumbria. Cyclewise Whinlatter is our Trail Centre & Bike Hire Store specialisingin mountain bikes. Cyclewise Cockermouth is our premier road bike and family bike store. In addition to cycle retail and hire, we provide expert workshop services, a range of MTB skills coaching, British Cycling MTB leadership courses, Bikeability training in schools, technical expertise and consultancy, and an e-commerce operation. The industry is exciting and challenging with customers increasingly accessing our products and services across all channels.
About the role:
- Responsible for scheduling of workshop jobs (repair, maintenance, walk-in and bike build)
- Diagnose and repair the maintenance work needed on customer & hire bikes.
- Good communication with customers regarding work in progress and any parts required for repairs.
- Responsibilities will include bike building, PDI & servicing of all bike models. And to work on e-Bikes, wheel building, suspension and seatpost servicing.
- Advising and recommending products and services, to achieve successful sales.
- Accountable for the daily retail and workshop services.Including daily cashing up and banking.
- Stock control, stock taking and stock accuracy.
- To manage warranty cases and maintain accurate record keeping.
- â€ªTo manage and maintain a large hire and demo fleet of mountain bikes and e-Bikes.
- Maintain a smart, safe and tidy workshop space.
- Responsible for security and health & safety.
- Ensuring first-class customer service.
- Be a responsible key holder and alarm responder.
- Assist in coordinating events such as demo days, mechanic classes.
- Assist in shop communications on social media platforms.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm, high level of energy, confidence and resourcefulness. You will be required to have proficient bike mechanic skills and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. To be Cytech qualified with experience of e-Bikes repairs, wheel building, suspension and seat-post servicingwould be preferable.A good understanding of computing and EPOS systems would be advantageous.
About Salary & Hours of Work:
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, cycle-related product discounts, a company pension scheme, 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays).
The position is based at our Cyclewise Mountain Bike specialist store in Whinlatter Forest, near Keswick. The role will be full time, 40 hours per week, spread across five days, including weekend work.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV along with a covering letter and anything else you think might be relevant via the apply now button below with the title Senior Cycle Mechanic included in the message section.
Job Type: Full-time
- cycle mechanic: 2 years (Required)