Why 640East? 640SqFt, East London. Our very first site in the heart of Canary Wharf (East) operated from two upcycled 40ft shipping containers (640sqft). Coffee by day, beer by night, food for thought.
WHAT WE DO?
Coffee by day -we’re vibrant and energetic, and demand an atmosphere to match. We also serve THE best single origin speciality coffee.
Beer by night -after work we think you deserve a reward! For us, that’s beer. From selected mainstream and craft suppliers, we bring a wide selection of beers, sprits and wines. For post work drinks, successful pitches, getting fired, first dates, divorces and every other celebration & commiseration in between.
Food for thought -Local, fresh and varied. Also whatever goes with beer...
WHO WE ARE?
Independent -Its at our core. We’re unapologetically passionate,
creative, open minded and a little different. We love it. So do our
Contemporary -we like to bring our own look, feel and atmosphere to all spaces. We love to up-cycle and reuse materials as much as we can; and if a design isn’t clever, it can do one. Our baristas are exactly the same; clever, original, cool. The best isn’t made in a mould.
Collaborative -We’re all about relationships. And nothing is cooler than other local independent suppliers. We love local artists and musicians and anyone else who shares the same outlook on life as us, and the more interesting people we can work with, the better.
- Be 100% Guest focused. Our customers are everything; this goes
for online interactions and customer facing interactions
- Have a passion for Speciality Coffee! Our largest brand is a specialty Coffee brand, and it's important you can go toe-to-toe with our Front Line Staff when it comes to Coffee, and convey that online.
- Have a willingness to learn about the London Craft Beer scene,
as our Secondary Brand is a craft beer brand, and it's important
you can go toe-to-toe with our Front Line Staff when it comes to
Beer, and convey that online.
- Have a strong work ethic, and want to learn the details of Social Media marketing, focusing on Instagram. Including but not limited to; optimisation of Hashtags, Grid Vs Story Strategy, Paid vs Organic content, Influencer Marketing & more
- Familiarity with Post Scheduling software, including Hootsuite is a strong advantage
- A demonstrable skill-set with Office software, focussing on Word & Excel.
- Demonstrate excellent Communication Skills. You'll be part of a high performing Head Office team; including our Managing Director, Head of Creative & Design, and our Head of Operations.
- Demonstrate an ability to buy in to our company Ethos & Culture, and understand the importance of building that culture in others, by leading by example as the top level of the business!
- A willingness to learn and develop alongside the business.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £17,500.00 /year
- Customer Relations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Instagram Posting: 1 year (Required)
- A-Level or equivalent (Required)
- London, Greater London (Required)
- English (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Preferred)