Information Officer 031950
Organisation - Transport Policing
Job - Administration
Position Type - Full Time
Salary – Circa £30,000 depending on experience
Location – Southwark, London SE1
Contract Type TfL
Location – Southwark, London SE1
Contract Type TfL
Overview of project/role
At TfL, Compliance, Policing and On-street Services (CPOS) delivers integrated enforcement, compliance, policing and community safety functions in support of our transport priorities.
The Analysis and Tasking team provides intelligence, analysis, performance and deployment support to CPOS and our policing partners.
We produce a range of analytical documents to support the deployment of more than 4,000 uniformed officers on the transport network and help to drive the performance of these officers through performance analysis. We also support CPOS objectives by developing innovative analytical techniques to aid effective decision-making.
We now have an opportunity to join our team as anInformation Officer.
You will support CPOS in making best use of its operational resources and those of our policing partners. Working closely with a designated manager within the Analysis and Tasking team you will assist CPOS to become a problem solving, intelligence-led and evidenced based directorate.
You will support the management, development, raising awareness of data handling processes and training of systems/processes within the Analysis & Tasking Team, CPOS and other operational directorates within TfL. You will be expected to support and promote CPOS' tactical approach to data handling by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders, to coordinate, integrate, and maintain new and existing data and information sources, processes and systems used. Your role will be pivotal in ensuring that accurate, reliable and timely information is collected, evaluated and disseminated in accordance with TfL’s data handling policies.
- Act as specialist single point of contact responsible for intelligence handling
- Process sensitive and personal data disseminating internally and to police and law enforcement agencies as required
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with teams across TfL as well as the MPS, BTP, CoLP and all other agencies to obtain data and information selecting and applying the correct protocols and ensure intelligence processes are adhered to
- Accountable for the management, continuous improvement and implementation of the CPOS Operations Intelligence Cycle, (direction, collection, evaluation, processing and analysis, dissemination)
- Responsible for managing and maintaining a CPOS Data catalogue\Framework and Intelligence requirements request process
- Contribute towards the wider CPOS data and information policies e.g. DPIAs, Information Sharing Agreements, CPOS data handling training, information governance
- Contribute to the development of protocols, procedures and training manuals whilst facilitating training on information systems
- Improve the quality of intelligence by providing direct feedback and performance reporting on how intelligence has contributed towards CPOS aims
- Explore opportunities for maintaining and enhancing the quality and ‘richness’ of data and intelligence which supports CPOS’s activities
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with teams across TfL as well as the MPS, BTP, CoLP and all other agencies to guide on the use of data and information using the correct protocols and ensure intelligence processes are adhered to
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Time management, planning and organising skills and the ability to respond positively to pressure and meet tight deadlines (essential)
- Excellent IT skills – MS Office Suite (essential)
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to develop effective working relationships with staff in a range of area and organisations (essential)
- Confidence to present to colleagues in a formal setting both orally and through written reports (essential)
- Know how to store/codify data so that it can be retrieved easily for analysis (essential)
- Ability to coordinate information from a large number of sources maintaining data quality (accuracy and timeliness) (essential)
- Ability to undertake basic statistical analysis (desirable)
- Developed research and data manipulation skills (desirable)
- Willingness to learn the strategic, critical and logical thinking skills required of an analyst (Desirable)
- Knowledge of legislation such as GDPR, Freedom of Information Act, Police Act and GLA Act, and how they impact on the public (essential)
- Knowledge of Policing / Transport / Public Sector and/or Criminology (desirable)
- Awareness and understanding of the major issues affecting the provision of surface transport services in London (desirable)
- Best practice in Policing / Transport / Public Sector and/or Criminology (desirable)
- Awareness of Geographic Information Systems (Digital Mapping) (desirable)
- Experience of training operational and non-operational staff (essential)
- Experience in research and or data collection processes (essential)
- Experience in creating and managing spreadsheets and databases (essential)
- Experience of using data to inform decision making and understanding operational performance (essential)
- Experience of quality assuring intelligence and providing feedback (essential)
- Experience of recording data and communicating to team members (essential)
- Experience working in a team and in a partnership environment (essential)
- Experience of working delivering accurate and high-quality information in a dynamic working environment (essential)
- Experience of influencing and negotiating skills and managing effective stakeholder relationships (desirable)
- Experience of working in an environment with a public safety and/or security focus (desirable)
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and a two-page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The post holder is required to pass a MPS security vetting at the appropriate level prior to appointment in order to obtain this post and hold valid clearance throughout employment. Adverse results from this security vetting could result in the withdrawal of any offer of employment and/or termination of contract.
The closing date for applications is 15 December 2019 @ 23:59
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel