Job Title: Food Bank Assistant
Salary: £9.30 per hour
Hours: 8 hours per week
To undertake a wide range of duties to support the S2 Foodbank Co-Ordinator. To assist in presenting a professional image to S2 Food Bank customers and supporters.
1. To assist in the coordination to increase both food and money donations.
2. To ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and are communicated to the Duty Managers and Volunteer teams.
3. To monitor the email address and respond to emails as appropriate.
4. To undertake client surveys annually and to review the service and ways that we could improve / develop the service.
5. Train volunteers in the roles we currently have.
6. Organise a volunteer celebration event.
7. Ensure regular monitoring and reports are submitted to the Management committee.
8. Ensure Health and safety processes are adhered to and observed at all times.
9. Any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the post, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated in to the job description in specific terms.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills and a customer service orientation.
· Organisational skills.
· Comfortable with making decisions and passing on information.
· Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
· Ability to manage difficult situations including conflict and aggression.
· ICT literate.
· It is essential that you can be open, friendly, sensitive and non-judgemental.
· The role would suit someone who is a good, confident communicator.
· Someone who enjoys chatting to people but is equally able to offer a good listening ear.
· Warmth, friendliness and patience are also personality traits that would be a great asset in this role.
The Closing Date For Returned Applications is 12 December 2019
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £9.30 /hour
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cash Handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire (Preferred)