To effectively carry out emergency call handling, incident management and associated supporting activities.
Starting Salary: £21,978 – rising to £22413 following completion of 4 week training course.
Hours of Work: A rota pattern of 4 shifts working and 4 rota days off. Shifts are a combination of 07:00 – 19:00 Days / 12:00 – 22:00 Mids and 19:00 – 07:00 Nights. The rota is worked as a set pattern of all 3 shifts.
- Undertakes Emergency Call Handling activities in accordance with regional and national Emergency Call Management principles.
- Mobilises appropriate resources in accordance with Fire and Rescue Service response principles.
- Undertakes Incident Management and Operational Support activities.
- Actively supports the integration and development of self and others.
- Performs the role in all operational conditions e.g. Business as usual, Spate and in the implementation of the business continuity arrangements.
- Uses and maintains the reliability and readiness of relevant control and operations equipment.
- Contributes to promoting a culture of excellence and continuous improvement at all times.
- Complies with all company policy, guiding frameworks and legal requirements especially equality, diversity, fairness & dignity in the workplace and Health and Safety.
- Deputises for Team Leader as required.
- Any other duties commensurate with the responsibilities of the role.
- Determine the appropriate response to each reported incident.
- Ensure sufficient incident details are obtained and distributed as appropriate.
- Ensure correct escalation of issues.
- Evidence of working and making effective and timely decisions
under pressure, maintaining a confident and resilient attitude in
- Demonstrates an ability to work successfully in a team.
- Evidence of effective communication using an appropriate style, particularly when working under pressure or dealing with callers who may be anxious or distressed.
- Experience of customer focussed working approach.
- Evidence of flexibility to achieve continuous personal and team performance through the development of self and others.
- Demonstrates a good level of literacy and numeracy to be able to assimilate and record information to reflect activity.
- Evidence of data entry and retrieval, and keyboard skills, to a speed of at least 30wpm, with at least 75% accuracy.
- Demonstrates an understanding of equality and diversity and experience of embedding a fair and ethical approach to others.
- Demonstrates an openness to change and experience of actively supporting it.
- Understands, recalls, applies and adopts relevant information in an organised, safe and systematic way.
- Evidence of maintaining an active awareness of the environment to promote safe and effective working.
- Evidence of a conscientious and proactive approach to work to achieve and maintain excellent standards.