We are seeking to recruit an experienced Paralegal to join our Family department.
The role will consist of assisting fee earners with case preparation, file and document management, processing evidence, dealing with initial enquiries from members of the public, assisting with legal aid application/public funding applications, client and witness contact, attending at court and conference; general administration and providing financial and billing assistance. Liaising with the department’s PA as well as providing additional support to the Legal Secretary within the department as required.Overview of key responsibilities
- Assisting fee earners with case work;
- Dealing with telephone enquiries;
- Undertaking some legal research;
- Assisting with the preparation of bundles of documents for Court;
- attending court to issue proceedings and file documentation;
- Assisting with printing, collating and ordering documentation from outsourced workers;
- Electronic and paper filing.
- Good legal experience and qualifications;
- Knowledge of Legal Aid procedures and Family Law is essential;
- Strong administrative and organisational skills are also essential for the post.
You will also need to:
- be highly motivated, proactive and self-servicing;
- have excellent communication skills;
- have a flexible and professional attitude;
- have an ability to work on confidential matters and under pressure, together with a keen eye for detail.
Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.