Job Summary: To assist the team in maintaining efficient underwriting processes and providing customer service to clients
Support the Underwriters in the delivery of an effective and efficient administration service
Provide pre-underwriting and rating support to Underwriters and other staff.
Ensure timely and accurate data entry and scanning of risk documentation onto all Beazley systems within agreed service levels.Specifically checking agreed % of risk entries as required.
Data verification, integrity & accuracy.
Photocopying, logging and scanning quotes and declinatures, filing, archiving and scanning.
Interact with other teams within Beazley, ie Claims, Finance, Compliance, Management Services and other underwriting teams on matters affecting or related to accounts within the portfolio.
Help maintain team standards through supporting other underwriting assistants in achieving their service/quality levels and targets, as required.
Provide accurate management information to senior management team and underwriters.
Produce ad hoc reports, presentations and marketing literature for senior managers, underwriters and other members of staff as requested.
Provide a professional service to brokers in person, writing, email and telephone.
Maintain and develop key relationships including brokers and external clients, responding to client queries in an accurate and timely fashion.
Attend client meetings as required.
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct which incorporates the PRA and FCA Conduct Rules. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, Talent Management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, talent management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Education and Qualifications
Educated to ‘A’ level/High School graduate or equivalent
- Degree in any discipline – preferred but not
Skills and Abilities
Accurate and numerate
Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office, well developed spreadsheet skills
Able to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
Motivational skills, team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
Knowledge and Experience
Proven administrative experience, preferably within the insurance or financial services sectors
Proven background in accurate, high volume date entry
Insurance experience advantageous
Aptitude and Disposition
Outcome focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
Professional approach to successfully interact with managers/colleagues/external suppliers
This document is subject to review after consultation with your Manager.