Consider joining Eurofins, where people are the most important
element in our business. Eurofins is a leading contract research
organisation providing testing and research services in the
pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients
Our innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme engages full-time scientists, analysts, technicians and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins directly at the client facility, to provide long term service needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at the Eurofins facility. This multi award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability, with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic and innovative research scientist. This role is a unique opportunity for the right candidate. The role will be split 50/50 between supporting the Design, Development and Characterization of Pharmaceutical dosage forms along with Particle and Powder Characterisation. This is a new and exciting opportunity based at our client’s facility, a top tier Pharmaceutical company in Sandwich, Kent, UK. The opportunity is for either a recent graduate or a graduate with 1 to 2 year’s relevant industrial experience.
Particle and Powder Characterization:
- To perform hands-on analysis of API, Powder formulations and composite samples for key physical properties such as particle size, surface area, particle shape, bulk density, true density, powder flow, powder rheology microscopy, compaction simulation using techniques such as, laser diffraction particle size analysis, surface area by BET, Shear cell testing to determine powder flow function and wall friction, optical and scanning electron microscopy and image analysis.
- To understand and relate the impact of measured and computationally determined API, and blend or granule properties on formulation manufacturability and final formulation performance in collaboration with formulation and material scientists and deliver clear conclusions to provide direction for future project work.
- Manage large data sets into a precise format and apply data analysis tools to support visualization and trending of data (e.g. multi-variate analysis approaches).
- Provide physical chemistry support utilizing chemical characterization techniques solubility, intrinsic dissolution rates and knowledge of drug pKa, rates of degradation, equilibria and kinetics, salt and polymorph properties, salt selection.
- Utilize basic physical chemistry and analytical techniques for example PXRD, DSC, simple crystallinity measurement and HPLC. To design and undertake high quality scientific experimentation to further the formulation and process development of dosage forms for novel drug candidates utilizing analytical / characterization activities to gain relevant data and drive formulation decisions.
- To design, conduct and interpret biorelevant dissolution studies (especially TNO – TIM1 experiments) in relation to pharmacokinetic data to predict dosage form performance.
Both roles will require:
- Interpret scientific data to derive clear conclusions and provide direction for future work and influence the development of quality drug products.
- To communicate effectively to the project team and present data at team meetings
- To maintain high quality documentation of all activities in electronic notebooks, reports as required.
- Maintain awareness of technical advances in physical chemistry to develop innovative and novel solutions with sound scientific rationale.
- Degree in Pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacy or chemistry or similar with 1 to 2 years industrial experience.
- Practical work experience in an operational R&D role in pharmaceutical/drug delivery or allied industries with pre-formulation, formulation of pharmaceutical dosage forms Powder characterisation
- Experience of dissolution, PXRD and HPLC analysis Optical microscopy, Laser diffraction particle size analysis, Scanning electron microscopy, Shear cell testing, Mechanical properties testing etc is highly desirable.
- Scientific knowledge and technical ability with pre-formulation, formulation and characterization processing and characterization of pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Evidence of experience in autonomous planning, performing and reporting of own experimental programmes, including demonstrated proficiency in background literature searching, interpretation and application of findings.
- Effective oral and written presentation skills, with proficiency in use of standard word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software packages.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.