Clinical Psychologist (Band 7)
£38,000 - £42,000
37.5 hours over 5 days
Monday - Friday
Date not set
Woodlands is a Consultant led Specialist Level 2 Neurological Rehabilitation Centre based in York. We work in conjunction with York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the Humber Coast and Vale STP, to deliver high quality intensive neurological rehabilitation, physical, cognitive, functional and vocational assessments, behavioural management, and complex disability assessments for patients above the age of 18.
We support patients with acquired brain injury, traumatic brain injury, severe neurological conditions, complex stroke and spinal cord injury. We can undertake SMART assessments for patients in Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness (PDoC) and create bespoke treatment plans.
Our Clinical Director, Dr Platts, Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine, leads our specialist interdisciplinary team including a Junior Doctor, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Neuropsychologist, Therapy Technicians, Specialist Nurses and Rehabilitation Assistants.
We receive input from other professions allied to medicine, including dietetics, orthotics, podiatry, wheelchair services and Music Therapy.
The Centre is a purpose built building with 25 ensuite bedrooms plus 2 further rooms forming a transitional living flat all set within 3.5 acres of gardens.
This is an exciting opportunity in a growing diverse sector for an enthusiastic and dynamic band 7 Clinical Psychologist. The successful candidate will provide specialist psychology assessment and treatment plans. They will ensure professional standards of practice, innovative service developments and work in collaboration with colleagues across the whole MDT to create an outstanding service for our patients. They will evidence their ability to apply skills that complement working in neurological rehabilitation, however there will be the opportunity to develop skills in these areas.
The successful candidate will
- Have experience working in a neurological placement as part of your Doctorate training
- Have experience of managing a complex and specialist caseload of patients, utilising advanced clinical reasoning skills to assess, diagnose and implement appropriate psychology management plans
- Be responsible for the development, clinical training and supervision of assistant psychologist, therapy technicians, rehabilitation assistants
- Be able to demonstrate clinical effectiveness by reflecting current evidence base, national guidelines and use of outcome measures
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to support the patient, family and MDT
- Support the Head of Therapies in delivering the organisations therapy process
- Welcome Bonus
- Professional Registrations Paid
- CPD Opportunities
- Free Meals
- Free Parking
- Free DBS Check
No agencies please.
All applicants must bring relevant documents to support your eligibility to work in the UK and this post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Woodlands is part of Christchurch Group, which is owned by Active Care Group a market-leading, innovative national healthcare company and are committed to Equal Opportunities.