Barista – Starbucks Marble Arch York House
Compensation: £11.05 per hour regardless of age
From free coffee to competitive pay, Starbucks is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to our part-time and full-time baristas.
Some of the Perks from working at Starbucks
· Comprehensive training (including coffee knowledge!)
· Free bag of coffee each week
· Free meal on shift
· Headspace subscription
· Discounts with local and national retailers (cell phones, gym memberships, entertainment tickets, hotels, etc.) through Perks at Work platform
· Home Sweet Loan (Interest-free loans that can be paid back over 12 months to help pay your rental deposit)
· Starbucks Global Academy (Our online learning platform to help grow your coffee knowledge continuously develop yourself)
· Apprenticeship schemes to kick off your career with Starbucks
· Stock options for all employees (own part of Starbucks!)
· Employee discounts on food, beverages, and merchandise
· A free 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme available to you and your family
· 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
· Additional paid holiday day for your birthday or other special day
· Recognition schemes and monetary awards for long service, WOWing customers, and your fellow Partners
· Great long-term career opportunities in store and in support center roles
· Life Assurance
Join us and inspire with every cup!
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
Our Baristas personally connect with, laugh with, and uplift the lives of our customers. Their work goes beyond handcrafting a perfectly made beverage; it’s about creating a human connection with every customer. They enjoy being able to achieve these aspirations autonomously, while representing a world class brand and the perks that come from being a Barista at Starbucks! We have part time and full-time opportunities in our retail stores.
As creative experts, our Baristas produce the highest quality in handcrafted beverages, creating genuine customer connections that make a difference. They use their passion for coffee to inspire beverage and product selections; tailoring the experience to make each customer feel valued.
Baristas help to create a fun and enjoyable working environment where the team comes together in providing encouragement and motivation in achieving store targets.
At Starbucks, our store teams are dedicated to making a difference in their local communities through charity fundraising and sustainability initiatives.
What do you need to apply?
· Great communication skills that will inspire and motivate your team.
· Ability to upsell and meet store targets to maximise sales performance.
· Ability to work at pace and think on your feet in a high-volume environment.
· Availability to work flexible hours – we understand that you may have commitments out of work and therefore offer different shifts from early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Don’t worry if you don’t know your latte or espresso; we will provide you with full training and support and you will be welcomed into a team who will be encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
Do you want to be the proud owner of a Green Apron? If the answer is yes, click to Apply now!
Starbucks is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All applicants and partners will be treated fairly, without regard to race, religion, sex, nationality, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 16-40 per week
Salary: £11.05 per hour
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Profit sharing
- Wellness programme
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location